Latest Update: July 6, 2020 (original post from May 2020)
The Knoxville Habitat for Humanity ReStore is happy to be reopened with normal hours to customers. We are taking precautions to ensure the safety of our customers, staff and volunteers.
We know many of you are looking forward to donating items to the ReStore. Drop-off donations will be accepted on at our back dock area only! We will also be resuming our donation pick-ups.
In order to ensure the safety and well being of our staff and customers, the following policies are in place. These may change as we continue to improve:
- All staff will work before opening and after closing to sanitize the store and donations.
- We ask all customers and staff to abide by the current orders of the local and state government, including the 6′ social distancing guidelines. Checkout lines will be clearly marked with tape.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of shoppers in our store to maintain social distancing.
- A maximum of 50 shoppers will be allowed in the store at a time.
- Shopping carts will be regularly sanitized.
- We can accept Google and Apple Pay for no-contact check out at registers.
- Cashiers will be sanitizing counter and credit card terminal between transactions.
- We are installing plexiglass “sneeze shields” at each register.
- Staff completing donation pick-ups will be equipped with masks, gloves, sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer.
- We ask that all donors have donations outside, if possible, to limit contact.
- Our drivers will pre-screen donors on the health of the household before doing any pick-ups. They reserve the right to refuse donations that seem unsafe.
- Public restrooms will remain closed.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available to customers at the front of the store.
- All donations will be cleaned with a medical-grade sanitizing solution before going on to the sales floor.
The ReStore was sanitized and treated with Microshield 360 while closed. Click here for more information about Microshield 360.