Knoxville Habitat for Humanity is a fantastic place to work. Our employees are a close-knit group who are dedicated to the Habitat mission. We encourage you to apply for any open positions listed on this page by either submitting a cover letter and resume (if indicated below) or by filling out our secure online employment application (unless noted otherwise).
As a Veterans Build Affiliate, we’re committed to seeking more volunteer engagement from veteran groups as well as recruiting veterans for employment, internships and other service opportunities.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE, UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE IN A SPECIFIC POSTING.
ReStore RETAIL ASSOCIATE / TRUCK DRIVER
Our Knoxville nonprofit ministry is accepting resumes for a truck driver/retail associate in our resale store. This is a full-time position.
All applicants must have a valid TN driver’s license with an “F” endorsement and a clean driving record. Experience driving a 26’ box truck or comparable vehicle is preferred.
Experience interacting with customers in a retail setting also preferred.
No evenings or Sundays.
Hourly pay rate commensurate with experience.
-Ability to walk/stand 75% of an 8-hour shift or possibly sit for extended periods while driving
-Ability to frequently lift and/or carry large bulky objects up to 75 lbs.
-Ability to individually push, pull, or carry merchandise on a dolly up to 150 lbs. and team lift 250 lbs.
Other Essential Functions:
-Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with donors when picking up donations
-Ability to interact with customers in store and provide excellent customer service
-Ability/Desire to work in a team oriented environment
After 90 days of employment, employees are eligible for the following benefits:
-Company paid health, dental and vision insurance
-401K with a company match of up to 3%
Please apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Knoxville Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
REPORTS TO: HOUSE LEADERS and is overseen by the CONSTRUCTION DIRECTOR
JOB SUMMARY: The team member is support staff for the Construction Department. Their primary roles are to assist in all aspects of the building process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES of the Carpentry Apprentice include, but are not limited to, the following:
MANAGEMENT OF BUILD and JOB SITE
- Has a significant role in maintaining a safe and reliable work site. Works with House Leaders to manage specific components of the days build, and also helps to train individual volunteers.
- Remains current in First Aid training, so that care can be administered directly. Assists the House Leader by taking any injured individuals to a care facility, if their injury is too severe to be handled on-site.
- Is largely responsible for keeping the job-site orderly while work is going on, and then organized-and-protected by the end of each workday; secures materials and equipment; and is actively involved in keeping our costs down, by returning excess materials to supplier, and eliminating waste whenever possible.
- Takes a lead role in ensuring that all “green initiatives” are followed through on, so that the best quality product can be delivered to the homeowner. Fully supports our recycling program, and reduces hauling to landfills.
- Assists the House Leaders and Warehouse Manager in ensuring that all materials, supplies, and tools are on the job site in advance of need. Helps the House Leader load the storage unit before a BLITZ; removes all un-needed items at the completion of each days build; and is physically engaged on all other days to bring out all needed supplies and equipment for the upcoming builds.
- Provides periodic safety checks of all tools, and requests repair or replacement as needed.
- In the absence of senior staff, will inspect and sign for delivery of all materials to the job-site, and notes any damaged items or discrepancies. Forwards delivery receipts to the Warehouse/Purchasing Manager in a timely manner.
- Returns all tools and equipment to their proper place (on the job-site, work trucks, and warehouse).
- Uses approved credit accounts to pick up incidental materials, as directed by any senior staff. Turns in receipts in a timely fashion to Warehouse/Purchasing Manager.
- Construction tasks range from framing walls, stair assemblies, shingling, roofing, siding, and finish work.
- Assists House Leader in building oversight.
MANAGEMENT OF VOLUNTEERS
- Provides high-quality, safe, enjoyable, and productive work experience for volunteers and homeowners, engaging them with energy and enthusiasm.
- Provides tools, supplies and safety equipment for volunteers including sign-in sheets, first aid kit, drinking water, heaters or fans, and other supplies as needed.
- Assists in identifying potential volunteers to become Crew Leaders, and encourages and supports existing Crew Leaders.
- Attends weekly department staff
- Attends other affiliate meetings and activities, including conferences, as required.
- Attends all required training sessions, and works hard to acquire as much information and learning about as many elements about Habitat and related construction techniques as possible.
- Adheres to the established “winter and summer hours” for all Construction employees.
- Physical ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at heights
- Ability to constantly walk, stand, bend and crouch up to 8 hours a day
- MUST WORK TUESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY (in all weather conditions)
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from worK
- Full- time hourly position starting at $14.00 /hour with 90 day probationary perioD
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Benefits package including options of health, dental, vision, life and long term disability after initial 90 days. Simple IRA option once requirements are met.
- Paid time off accrues after 90 day
- 10 paid holidays
Background check, driving record check and drug screening required at time of offered employment.
No phone calls please. Please apply by submitting resume to email@example.com.