Knoxville Habitat for Humanity is a fantastic place to work. Our employees are a close-knit group who are dedicated to the Habitat mission. We encourage you to apply for any open positions listed on this page by either submitting a cover letter and resume (if indicated below) or by filling out our secure online employment application (unless noted otherwise).
As a Veterans Build Affiliate, we’re committed to seeking more volunteer engagement from veteran groups as well as recruiting veterans for employment, internships and other service opportunities.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE, UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE IN A SPECIFIC POSTING.
Knoxville Habitat for Humanity – Knoxville, TN
Our Knoxville nonprofit ministry is accepting resumes for a truck driver in our resale store. This is a full-time position.
All applicants must have a valid TN driver’s license with an “F” endorsement and a clean driving record. Experience driving a 24’ box truck or a comparable vehicle is preferred.
Experience interacting with customers in a retail setting also preferred.
No evenings or Sundays.
Hourly pay rate commensurate with experience.
- Ability to walk/stand 75% of an 8-hour shift or possibly sit for extended periods while driving
- Ability to frequently lift and/or carry large bulky objects up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to individually push, pull, or carry merchandise on a dolly up to 150 lbs and team lift 250 lbs.
Other Essential Functions:
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with donors when picking up donations
- Ability to interact with customers in store and provide excellent customer service
- Must be a team player
After 90 days of employment, employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Company offered health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Simple IRA with a company match of up to 3%
Please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Knoxville Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace. Job Type: Full-time
- Truck Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clean Driving Record: 1 year (Required)
- F Endorsement (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License (Required)