Knoxville Habitat for Humanity is a fantastic place to work. Our employees are a close-knit group who are dedicated to the Habitat mission. We encourage you to apply for any open positions listed on this page by either submitting a cover letter and resume (if indicated below) or by filling out our secure online employment application (unless noted otherwise).
As a Veterans Build Affiliate, we’re committed to seeking more volunteer engagement from veteran groups as well as recruiting veterans for employment, internships and other service opportunities.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE, UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE IN A SPECIFIC POSTING.
Retail Associate/ Truck Helper
This is a full-time position and the staff member will work on the sales floor in Customer Service, assist with Inventory Management, and help on the truck with donation pick ups as needed. The position would be 40 hours per week.
Compensation: Hourly based on experience
Schedule: The schedule would include hours Monday thru Saturday with a day off. The ReStore is closed on Sundays.
Description: The position would include, but not limited to: professional customer service, distribution of priced items to the sales floor, maintaining the organization and cleanliness of items on the sales floor, assist with markdowns and floor re-sets on weekly basis, assist with inventory control to be sure everything is barcoded in the correct category, assist with cycle counts on a weekly basis, assist with maintaining paint supply and paint inventory, and assist with donation intake in the store and on the truck.
· Ability to walk/stand 75% of a 6 to 8-hour shift
· Ability to frequently lift and/or carry large bulky objects up to 75 lbs.
· Ability to individually push, pull, or carry merchandise on a dolly up to 150 lbs and team lift 250 lbs.
After 90 days of employment, employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· Company offered health, dental and vision insurance
· Paid vacation
· Paid holidays
· Simple IRA with a company match of up to 3% (Must meet other requirements other than 90 days)
· Retail/Customer Service Experience – 3 years
· High school diploma or GED Equivalent
· Reliable transportation to get to and from work
· Warehouse experience
Knoxville Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace.
No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
We are encouraging customers to wear a mask/ face covering when shopping in our store.