Knoxville Habitat for Humanity is a fantastic place to work. Our employees are a close-knit group who are dedicated to the Habitat mission. We encourage you to apply for any open positions listed on this page by either submitting a cover letter and resume (if indicated below) or by filling out our secure online employment application (unless noted otherwise).
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE, UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE IN A SPECIFIC POSTING.
- Community Outreach and Intake Coordinator
- Communications Coordinator
Community Outreach and Intake Coordinator
To create and coordinate community outreach opportunities and to connect future Habitat homeowners, current Habitat homeowners and critical repair recipients with their communities and with the Family Services department at Knoxville Habitat for Humanity.
Family Education and Support Manager
Full time; must be flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
– Process intake applications for all programs
– Establish relationships with community stakeholders including city and government officials, local area churches, businesses, organizations, and schools
– Assemble data regarding community statistics, and contact information of all parties with active or vested interest; assist in gathering and analysis date for Habitat surveys and evaluations
– Acquire knowledge of systemic issues within the community from community members and draw light to these issues and the strengths of the community
– Apply a strengths based and popular educational lens to working with community members and leaders
– Serve as a liaison between volunteers and opportunities to serve without diminishing the residents’ autonomy
– Plug in to the community with what is already being done and participate and/ or organize events, programs, neighborhood organizations, and opportunities for connection neighbors and services
– Process referrals for Habitat families
– Conduct home visits in tandem with the Construction Project Leader
– Coordinate and facilitate, in support of Family Services the homeowner education curriculum as needed
– Participate in community based planning initiatives; use these for working across departments to identify projects that meet community development goals
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Excellent people skills
Experience in non-profit sector or significant experience in community organizing
Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to use computer data and word processing programs
Committed to the rights of all people to dignity, respect, and full community inclusion and will not discriminate regardless of religion, ability, race, ethnicity, income, sexual orientation, gender, or any other identity
$30,000 – $33,000 based on qualifications
Applicant MUST be able to travel April 30 – May 4 and May 8 – 9
Please email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing & Communications with the development, implementation and administration of the marketing, public relations and communication strategies, including aspects of brand management, marketing, print and electronic communications. This person will play a lead role in project management of marketing campaigns and social media/website management for both Knoxville Habitat for Humanity and our ReStore.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Scheduling and coordinating marketing campaigns and projects (including print, video, digital, etc.), working with internal staff, freelance designers, photographers, website developers and others, while ensuring each project stays on schedule and on target.
- Maintaining all social media accounts, including planning, content creation and curation (social media channels include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Along with Director of Marketing & Communications, developing strategies and opportunities within the social media and digital marketing plans.
- Writing and publishing website, blog and email newsletter content.
- Tracking, measuring and reporting on effectiveness of social media and digital communication activities.
- Ensuring every aspect of communication representing the affiliate maintains the integrity of the Habitat for Humanity brand, including that of the ReStore; referencing Habitat’s branding and messaging guidelines during creative process while also ensuring all creative staff/vendors do the same.
- Working closely with the Development Department and all other departments, developing new ideas to keep the mission effective.
- Researching and identifying new communications partners to promote our services and events.
- In cooperation with Events Coordinator and all other departments, assisting with the communications and promotions of special events.
- Attending all staff training sessions and meetings.
- Keeping updated on public relations and marketing issues released from Habitat for Humanity and all other sources, especially when it comes to social and digital media.
- Commitment to Knoxville Habitat for Humanity’s mission, ministry and values.
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably in a non-profit environment including fundraising OR in a marketing/PR agency working with non-profit clients.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or other relevant subject.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, managing multiple priorities.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects within deadlines; self-motivated and ability to hold yourself accountable for your work.
- Excellent writing skills and command of English grammar, with the ability to compose, edit and proofread materials.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Excellent and professional public speaking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Google products and tools; graphic design software including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; Adobe Acrobat; and other communications software and tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media campaigns and online cause-fundraising.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and react with quick turnaround.
- Must meet the physical requirements including lifting and/or moving 25 pounds.
Please provide resume with cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.