Knoxville Habitat for Humanity is a fantastic place to work. Our employees are a close-knit group who are dedicated to the Habitat mission. We encourage you to apply for any open positions listed on this page by either submitting a cover letter and resume (if indicated below) or by filling out our secure online employment application (unless noted otherwise).
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE, UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE IN A SPECIFIC POSTING.
AMERICORPS POSITIONS AVAILABLE (Construction Team)
- Looking for an opportunity to gain experience while making a difference?
- Have student loans to repay?
- Interested in making a lasting impression on your local community with one of the most recognized nonprofits in America?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, we have a life-changing opportunity for you! We are searching for three driven, service-oriented individuals to serve a one-year term as members of AmeriCorps with Knoxville Habitat for Humanity.
These opportunities are full-time positions and one-year commitments as members of our construction team.
(FT) 1700 hour / 12 month
Living Allowance: $12,630.00 (gross) (distributed equally over 24 pay periods)
Education Award: $5,815.00 (upon successful completion of the program) (issued to a qualified education institution or as a payment to a financial institution to repay qualified student loans)
-One (1) year commitment
-1,700 hours over 52 weeks
-Strong commitment to service
-Construction experience helpful but not required
What You Get:
-Weekly living stipend
-$5,815.00 educational award upon completion of service
-School loan deferment (if qualified)
-A sense of fulfillment and the opportunity to make a big difference in the Knoxville community and the lives of many families!
Contact Trinity Edgar at 865.523.3539 ext. 108 / email@example.com.
Also fill out the following application: AmeriCorps Application
FAMILY SELECTION COORDINATOR
This individual will be responsible for various aspects of the Homeownership application process, including but not limited to:
- facilitate application meetings, compile homeowner files, verify and process referrals
- collaborate with families and volunteers to provide homeowner education opportunities to prepare families to own a home
- create homeowner files, prepare, maintain reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree
- professional or volunteer experience in the social services and or non-profit community
Additionally, any candidate should have:
- a heart for the mission of Knoxville Habitat for Humanity
- a “success driven and self motivated” attitude
- excellent oral and written communications skills to support the ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
- an ability to work in a team environment and creatively address challenges
- an ability to manage detailed information and processes
- skills in project management
- the ability to collect, organize and present family data to staff and board members
- a commitment to use an asset based approach to working in our community and with families
The position does not adhere to a traditional 9-5 schedule. It does require some Saturday and evening hours to meet with partners, teach classes, or represent the affiliate in the community; thus, the candidate must be able to work this type schedule.
Salary Range $30,000 to $33,000, depending on experience | Competitive benefits package
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.